Your Questions About Back Taxes Help

Maria asks…

Are there programs to help pay off back taxes?

I owe approximitly $5000.00 in back taxes that i can not afford to pay. Are there Tax debt programs to help you settle for a smaller amount?

admin answers:

If you can pay $100 per month, IRS will insist on that. If you can’t pay anything without it causing a hardship, IRS would classify the account as currently not collectible. There is no legal bar against offering less than full payment (on the appropriate forms) but considering the small amount due, the potential for success is dubious at best..

Helen asks…

Which tax help company is best with back taxes?

My father owes back taxes and we’re wondering wich company is best with that pproblem plz help!

admin answers:

Rule 1) If they advertise heavily on TV or Radio, they are best to be avoided.

Rule 2) Never forget Rule 1.

The ones that advertise are crap. They charge thousands of dollars and are notorious for promising a lot and not doing much.

Contact a CPA or an EA in his local area and explain the situation.

Ken asks…

Do college students have to pay their back taxes?

I keep hearing that college students are exempt from paying back taxes if they owe? I don’t believe this to be true, BUT I am hoping that there may be light at the end of the tunnel seeing that I owe quite a bit. I’m already having a hard enough time paying for school plus additional expenses.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

admin answers:

There is no relief or deferment for students, at least not for income tax purposes. You may be classified as currently uncollectible but interest will continue to accrue.

Robert asks…

How to dave house from back taxes?

I don,t have 3,500.00 to pay on my back taxes on my house.If i don,t pay sson it will be seized and sold for taxes.Any suggestions? Can anyone help me enough though i don,t have the money. Can,t get a loan because of bad credit

admin answers:

Hindsight is 20/20. It is beyond me how you could have gotten $3500 behind on your taxes without knowing about it, so all I can do is figure you had some reason for not paying them. I’m afraid that, when you screw around with your taxes, you’re screwing around with the IRS……the only entity that can take your car, your house, all your assets, and probably even your first-born child for all I know. The only thing I can think of would be to call the IRS and see what they might be willing to work out with you. Maybe it’s beyond that point, I don’t know. I guess I’d be taking a good hard look around the house and coming up with everything I could to sell, even if it meant sleeping on the floor or going without a computer or TV. It’s a terrible shame to lose an entire house over just $3500 in back taxes. I wish I could be more helpful but I really don’t know of a way to dodge the IRS. Best of luck to you.

Donald asks…

How do I file back taxes for my deceased father?

My father currently died and did not file taxes for 2010. I am not sure what I need to do in order to file those taxes on his behalf. Any help is appreciated as are links! Thanks in advance!

admin answers:

Whoever is the executor of his estate or, if there is no probate, whoever shows up on his death certificate as the informant–in my state, California, this is legalese for next of kin–can file a return in the name of “Joe Taxpayer, Deceased c/o the informant.” Attach IRS Form 1310 to claim any refund and attach a photocopy of the death certificate.

Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Leave a Reply

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

CommentLuv badge